Community Coordinator (UK)
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Topicals is seeking a UK based individual to join our Community team full time and assist in supporting our expanding Insider and Spottie Sphere community of over 7,500. This role provides an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in community management, as well as cross-functional exposure to other internal teams. In this role, you'll play an essential role in contributing to a brand that is transforming the beauty industry.
- Support with daily moderation within the Topicals Insiders and Spottie Sphere community, communicating issues and challenges that arise and ensuring a positive and engaging experience for members.
- Assist in coordinating IRL events - ordering supplies, custom items, topicals products/merch, overseeing RSVP form and email confirmation process.
- Support in ideation and creation of weekly TYB challenges across Topicals Spottie Sphere channels to ensure ongoing engagement.
- Support development of HBCU/HSI College Ambassador program and events.
- Plan and lead weekly Geneva and TYB discussions - ideating topics on mental health, product education, Q&A sessions, and brand updates, fostering meaningful dialogue and promoting brand loyalty.
- Plan and execute monthly virtual events - ie. Topicals team AMAs, coordinating with partners for Wellness events, Product Launch Education events, etc.Support with brief management, monitoring progress and status of social, digital, creative briefs.
- Support with management of Topicals IG Community Management - commenting on all posts on related company hashtags,, responding to all tags in DMS, and managing Insiders IG.
- Support with Mental Health Fund, overseeing maintenance of donations on website and supporting team with tasks needed to bring execute upcoming partnership.
- Support with review and evaluation of user-generated content (UGC) submissions based on guidelines and criteria, approving or denying content as appropriate.
- Embody the Topicals brand voice and tone in all interactions, representing the brand's values and promoting a positive brand image.
Skills and Requirements
- Must be comfortable working in alignment with the Eastern Time Zone
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar or related role.
- Experience working in a community oriented role in a startup environment or nonprofit organization.
- Knowledge of current trends in brand marketing.
- Excellent writing skills and experience drafting copy.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively.
- Solution-oriented mindset and ability to think outside of the box to address challenges.
- Eager to take on new challenges, introduce and implement new approaches and ideas to test and learn.
- Graphic design experience specifically Adobe Illustrator a plus
Topicals, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, pays, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, reproductive health decision making, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities in accordance with all legal requirements. Any applicant who requires assistance with the application or resulting process should contact People & Culture (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request that accommodation.