Digital Marketing Associate
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Saturday, December 9, 2023
The Digital Marketing Associate is responsible for supporting Topicals’ broader retention marketing strategy to retain existing customers, drive repeat purchases, and increase customer lifetime value. We are seeking an individual who is equally analytical as they are creative. The ideal candidate will have beauty and/or CPG experience with a demonstrated ability to craft compelling messages across channels that engage customers and improve LTV, while retaining brand voice and staying true to our DNA. You should be a do-er who is motivated to grow in your career, isn’t afraid of data, is forward-thinking and organized.
- Execute optimizations to the retention strategy (email, SMS, subscription, rewards) in order to drive stronger customer retention on DTC.
- Support Director of Growth with efforts to optimize subscription + rewards programs, and strategize how to best engage these customer segments with email communications
- Partner with brand, creative and social media teams to execute an ongoing email & sms strategy that leverages performance insights, brand stories and social trends to craft always-on campaigns that support Topicals’ broader marketing themes and goals.
- Lead creative and copy briefing process for targeted campaigns using email, SMS, and other marketing channels to convert new customers and engage returning customers.
- Assist in building quarterly creative analysis report for digital marketing assets.
- Assist with merchandising website updates and implementing promotions.
- Pull weekly report of digital newness from competitors.
- Weekly report on organic content that can be converted into ads.
- Moderate comments on ads, answering customer questions.
- Conduct outreach to creators for paid usage rights.
Skills and Requirements
- 2+ years of experience in digital marketing, with a strong understanding of customer behavior and data analysis and least 1 year of beauty industry experience.
- Experience with marketing automation tools, such as Klaviyo, Postscript, and JustUno required (experience with Subscription, Loyalty and Referral programs a plus).
- Familiarity with Shopify and Notion highly preferred.
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently, while also able to build strong internal relationships and build consensus on critical initiatives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use data and insights to inform marketing strategies and tactics.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills and strong attention to detail with the capability to work on multiple campaigns/initiatives simultaneously.
Topicals, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, pays, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, reproductive health decision making, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities in accordance with all legal requirements. Any applicant who requires assistance with the application or resulting process should contact People & Culture (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request that accommodation.