Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Machina Labs, founded in 2019 by aerospace and auto industry veterans, is a smart manufacturing company based in Los Angeles, California. Enabled by advancements in artificial intelligence and robotics, Machina Labs is developing software-defined factories of the future. The mission of the company is to develop modular manufacturing solutions that can be reconfigured to manufacture new products simply by changing the software. The company is currently working to build the first commercial robotic sheet metal forming machine. Machina Labs is funded and backed by major investors in the field of AI and Deep Tech.
As a Software Engineer and an early member of our small team, you will own a significant portion of our product and the company. You’ve ideally built and deployed software systems that are robust, scalable, and maintainable. At Machina Labs, you will be responsible for building out and maintaining software that is critical to our next generation factories which are equipped with industrial robots and advanced software processes such as AI. This role requires you to follow agile development practices and understand how to implement quality software that is continuously integrated and deployable to our production cells. You are excited to solve complex problems with elegant solutions that can scale to enable current and future innovation. A high degree of autonomy, leadership ability, and technical experience is required. Ideally, you are someone with extensive software development experience and are excited to bring your expertise to a company who is marrying new software technologies with robots to enable the future of manufacturing.
This is an onsite role based at our HQ in Chatsworth, CA.
- Experience developing across a full-stack: web-server, relational databases, and client-side/front-end.
- Knowledgeable of modern design patterns and software architectures. Ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply them to highly critical, fault-tolerant software systems.
- Experience as an architect and proven ability to design and implement robust and scalable distributed systems that meet current and future needs.
- Experienced at adapting, optimizing and upgrading existing codebase to improve performance and scalability.
- Focus on quality, including writing unit/integration tests and refactoring when appropriate.
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with a team in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- System engineering, version control (Git), and configuration management skills.
- Basic knowledge of distributed systems, computer architecture, networks and databases.
- Participate in software design reviews, peer code reviews, and provide input and feedback to other members of the development team.
- Research external best practices and emerging software and security technologies for possible incorporation into platform/applications and methodologies.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Agile Development.
- Empathetically help other developers grow.
- Actively participate in the interview process
- B.S. degree in engineering, computer science, math, or science discipline OR 4+ years of software development experience.
- Startup / early product development experience.
- Experience in fast-paced iterative design and manufacturing environments.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team.
Join us at Machina Labs and leverage your expertise to contribute to groundbreaking projects. Be part of a startup culture that values your experience and offers exciting opportunities for professional growth. Help us shape the future of smart manufacturing!