Software Engineer, Application Infrastructure
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Machina Labs, founded in 2019 by aerospace and auto industry veterans, is a smart manufacturing company based in Los Angeles, California. Enabled by advancements in artificial intelligence and robotics, Machina Labs is developing software-defined factories of the future. The mission of the company is to develop modular manufacturing solutions that can be reconfigured to manufacture new products simply by changing the software. The company is currently working to build the first commercial robotic sheet metal forming machine. Machina Labs is funded and backed by major investors in the field of AI and Deep Tech.
As an early member of our small team, you will own a significant portion of our product and the company.
At Machina Labs, you will be responsible for building out and maintaining software that is critical to our next generation factories which are equipped with industrial robots and advanced software processes such as AI.
The Software Engineer, Application Infrastructure will follow agile development practices and understand how to implement quality software that is continuously integrated and deployable to our production cells, internal users and end customers. You will play a leading role in establishing our cloud infrastructure for data, machine learning and web application, as well as improve our automated CI pipelines.
A high degree of autonomy, leadership ability, and technical experience is required. Ideally, you are someone with extensive software development experience and are excited to bring your expertise to a company working on cutting edge technology that pairs advanced software solutions with robots to enable the future of manufacturing.
- Create, configure and maintain cloud-based infrastructure services for the rapid development and monitoring of complex robotics and analytics applications
- Be a key member of the software engineering team, helping to improve the organization's SDLC process and minimizing time from code-complete to production.
- maintain and improve our automated build / CI system
- Build tools to automate monitoring and management of robot fleets.
- Analyze our current operational toolset for shortcomings and product improvements; provide and implement recommendations.
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a Software Engineer, working in a production environment
- Experience building highly-scalable solutions on cloud-based platforms like AWS, Azure or GCP (Azure experience is a plus!)
- Demonstrate knowledge of best practices concerning cloud and application security, CI/CD observability, incident tracking and release management
- Knowledgeable of modern design patterns and software architectures. Ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply them to highly critical, fault-tolerant software systems
- Experience with containerization through technologies like Docker and distributed computing tools like Kubernetes
- Basic knowledge of distributed systems, computer architecture, networks and databases
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with a team in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience