Production Field Service Technician
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Machina Labs, founded in 2019 by aerospace and auto industry veterans, is a smart manufacturing company based in Los Angeles, California. Enabled by advancements in artificial intelligence and robotics, Machina Labs is developing software-defined factories of the future. The mission of the company is to develop modular manufacturing solutions that can be reconfigured to manufacture new products simply by changing the software. The company is currently working to build the first commercial robotic sheet metal forming machine. Machina Labs is funded and backed by major investors in the field of AI and Deep Tech.
Machina Labs is looking for motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic Production Field Service Technician to join our Production team who are working on new robotic systems for sheet metal forming. As a Field Service Technician, you will be in charge of installing, maintaining, and operating our newly developed manufacturing systems in the field. Your tasks will consist of being deployed to customer locations to assist in deploying, servicing, or training personnel on a cell. All of these tasks will consist of on-site training located at our facility. While not on assignment, the candidate will work with our internal Production Team in ensuring the cells are maintained to the highest degree. In addition to the required experience below, our ideal candidate needs to demonstrate exceptional personal initiative, inclination to try new processes, and the ability to maintain positivity, composure and a good attitude in demanding technical situations. Whether you are working with industrial robotic systems or finishing a recently formed sheet metal part, you’ll be expected to be responsible, hardworking, and conscientious of the quality of work you are performing. We need people who are not afraid to use their technical ability to not only identify issues but propose solutions and implement improvements. You must be able to produce high-quality work in a timely manner while continually looking forward to driving process improvements that streamline work and save costs.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 3+ years of experience in mechanical fabrication (component assembly, welding, machining, hand tools, etc.).
- 2+ years of working with industrial robotic systems or other similar systems with advanced automation.
- Basic computer hardware competency, including connecting peripherals, network cables, printer configuration, wireless troubleshooting, and working with online applications like email and chat software.
- Experience with sheet metal shaping and finishing.
- Experience with drilling, reaming, honing and countersinking straight and close tolerance holes.
- Comfortable with a mix of repetitive and new, one-off work.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. Able to adapt to constantly changing work assignments and fast paced work environment.
- Able to interpret geometrical tolerances on part drawings.
- Electrical wiring experience and some knowledge of how PLCs, sensors, and other electrical components are wired and work.
- Experience with CNC machine operation.
- Demonstrated professional track record of creative problem solving, cost reductions, and process improvements.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with forklifts.
- Must be available to travel for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive movement, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting, and exposure to typical shop chemicals (coolant, solvents, cleaners) are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 50 lbs unassisted.
- Able to climb ladders and work in tight spaces.
- Must be available to work extended hours and some weekends.