Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
Machina Labs, founded in 2019 by aerospace and auto industry veterans, is a smart manufacturing company based in Los Angeles, California. Enabled by advancements in artificial intelligence and robotics, Machina Labs is developing software-defined factories of the future. The mission of the company is to develop modular manufacturing solutions that can be reconfigured to manufacture new products simply by changing the software. The company is currently working to build the first commercial robotic sheet metal forming machine. Machina Labs is funded and backed by major investors in the field of AI and Deep Tech.
The Planner/Buyer plays a key role in effectively planning jobs and purchasing all the necessary items from the bill of materials. They are kept abreast to lead time issues, cost negotiations with outside suppliers, and internal capacity. They drive to gain the best possible combination of lead time, quality, and cost from our suppliers while ensuring our internal schedule is met.
- Responsible for procuring all items related to Production, including, raw material for customer parts, tooling, outside processing, shop supplies, and capital equipment.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving of raw materials, parts for outside processing, and tools through local shipping suppliers and LTL services.
- Source goods and services per engineering requirements and ensure suppliers are adhering to quality practices and 95% FPY metric.
- Negotiate with vendors to provide the best possible price for goods and services.
- Accountable for maintaining the integrity of MRP planning parameters (costing lot size, lead times, days of supply).
- Provide material support through communications with suppliers and placing purchase orders according to MRP requirements.
- Analyze, understand, and convert MRP messages and KANBAN to raw material purchase orders and plans to meet production / forecast demand.
- Production planning and detailed schedule coordination with the manufacturing department and third-party suppliers producing products on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of purchasing and planning master data for assigned materials and products.
- Inventory Management - Understand and maintain the minimum necessary raw materials and finished goods inventory and report on the status of inventory levels against inventory targets.
- Generate purchase orders using MRP software for management approval and negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers.
- B.S in Business Administration, Accounting, or Operations
- Experience working with MS Office Suite
- Sourcing for manufacturing operations
- Procurement processes and execution
- MBA Preferred
- Experience working with an ERP system and planning software in an ISO9001/AS9100D Manufacturing Environment.
- Understands production order of operations and flow for manufacturing and assembly.
- Can demonstrate experience planning and procuring items necessary for production.