Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
Machina Labs, a Los Angeles company founded in 2019 by SpaceX and Novelis industry veterans, is building software-defined factories of the future. Enabled by advancements in artificial intelligence and robotics, they are already making parts for companies in Aerospace, Defense and Automotive industries. The mission is novel and disruptive because their facilities can be reconfigured to manufacture new products simply by changing software which eliminates the cost of tooling and building dedicated factories. The company is currently working on commercializing their robotic sheet forming machine funded by major investors in the Deep Tech and AI space.
As an IT Specialist, you’re excited to build, organize, and lead the IT functional for our team. The ideal candidate takes initiative, is detail-oriented, a strong communicator, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment. You’re an individual who possesses a strong ability to prioritize and complete tasks independently; you must have a growth mindset, know how to stay self-motivated and demonstrate a positive attitude. You are team player and work effectively in a highly collaborative environment. You’re passionate and motivated by propelling humanity through building the next generation of manufacturing technologies which reduce waste and enable humans to build things that were not previously possible.
- Device lifecycle management for our employees including office IT equipment and networks.
- Support new hire On/Off-Boarding: prepare new hire hardware, maintain local inventory, and assisting new hire orientation.
- Managing local contracts and procurement of IT devices for both office and employee devices and any supporting software or SaaS applications.
- Triage IT/helpdesk requests that come up in service management systems and in person.
- Access management and support to the core internal IT services and tools.
- Create, document, and implement standard operating procedures.
- Support ISO 27001 / AS9001 compliance and security related development activities.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role, preferably in a start-up office environment.
- Highly proficient in Windows (10/11), O365, Azure, and Teams Administration.
- Previous experience working in IT infrastructure and support.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, comfortable to work independently.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Practical interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- NIST 800-171 compliance familiarity
- Strong project management skills
This role is on-site only