Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, July 9, 2023
Machina Labs, founded in 2019 by aerospace and auto industry veterans, is a smart manufacturing company based in Los Angeles, California. Enabled by advancements in artificial intelligence and robotics, Machina Labs is developing software-defined factories of the future. The mission of the company is to develop modular manufacturing solutions that can be reconfigured to manufacture new products simply by changing the software. The company is currently working to build the first commercial robotic sheet metal forming machine. Machina Labs is funded and backed by major investors in the field of AI and Deep Tech.
As an early member of our small team, you will own a significant portion of our product and the company. The Robotics Technician’s role is to support and deploy automation and robotics programs throughout the facility.
- Responsible for troubleshooting automated equipment (PLC) issues and repairing them in a timely manner.
- Contact suppliers for quotations of equipment and review output quantity, quality, process reliability, and downtime of equipment;
- Deploy new cells based on the designs from engineering teams;
- Develop and implement training programs for all new equipment and automation cells;
- Identifies and reviews various sources for required equipment and determines criteria for which equipment is to be evaluated with input from a cross-functional team;
- Confirms product performance by conducting capability tests/trials on prototype orders and time studies;
- Wiring electrical components, such as sensors and 24VDC power.
- Assembling automation components together into cabinets.
- Neatly running sensor and power wires between locations.
- Related experience in the automotive/manufacturing industry.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- Proven ability to troubleshoot
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and applications software.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.